Re: books vs computers

People vote with their feet. One of my students bought Jurassic Park on disk and
read it on his laptop, curled up in bed at night. When I asked him why not just
read the book he told me all the things the software could do that the book
didn't (pictures of the dino's etc. on demand), but it seems his biggest reason
was that with the laptop's backlit display he didn't have to try to angle a book
to get enough light to read by. The other students with laptops have borrowed
the book (software) and are reading it the same way.  It seems it is not going
to make any difference what we prefer, it's going to be their world and they
will do what they like. As long as they are reading, I not sure I care what
medium they use.

LM_NET Archive Home