I agree high schoolers LIKE paperbacks.  We subscribe to KLIATT for
paperback reviews, audiobook reviews and educational software reviews.
The address is 33 Bay State Road, Wellesley, MA 02181.  Write and ask them
for a sample issue and a coupon for new subscribers.  One year for $30.00
(six issues) plus your first issue free.  Also another good source for
ordering paperbacks and keeping current with what is new is the Bookmen's
Monthly Paperback News (800-328-8411).  This is an annotated order sheet.

They give a very good discount on stocked paperbacks - mostly adult - but some
authors overlap such as Stephen King - they also have a young adult
section in each monthly newsletter.  They do not have a high fill rate on
paperback titles that are not listed in their literature.  Another jobber
I am trying is SUNDANCE for paperbacks.  I don't have their address here
and I couldn't find it on the Librarians Yellow Pages.  If you want it I
have it at school and will forward it to you.

On Sun, 2 Jan 1994, Richard Greene wrote:

> I'm a beginning high school librarian and could use some help.  I need some
> new fiction.  My students wouldn't touch a hard bound book with a
> ten-foot-pole.  I read VOYA religously but find that most books there are
> hard bound.  Where can I go to find a listing of good young adult fiction in
> paperback?
>
> Dick Greene
> Johnson High School
> St. Paul, MN