>Hello Doug
>I read your LM net From Now On piece of Dec 31 93.
>
>I am a non apple user and I cannot seem to find a way to get
>at Jamison McKenzie's newsletter if it is stored in some ftp or
>"applelink  k-12" folder on the internet.
>
>I dont mind subscribing $20, but I would like to see some of the
>stuff....I have other hits in lmnet to his work too.  Ironically
>his present address of Bellingham is just 40 miles over the border
>from my location..
>
>So can I get to the K-12 folder? via internet.  I have tried some
>gopher, wais, archie,  .  The name "From Now On" are words too common
>to be indexed for gopher....that's a shame in this case
>
>Cheers
>
>Brant Mitchell   South Delta Secondary School  Delta, B.C
>
>bmitchel@cln.etc.bc.ca
>
>Brant Mitchell  Science Dept and Library
>South Delta Secondary, BC, Canada.    School District 37
>Phone:(604) 943 7407          FAX: (604) 943 7405
>bmitchel@cln.etc.bc.ca

Brant,

I will forward this to Mr McKenzie and perhaps he can help you, but in the
meantime I can think of a few things you might do to see more of McKenzie's
stuff:

1) Find an AppleLink user (computers stores and Apple User groups are good
places to start) and ask for a few minutes to download some of his pieces.

2) Look for one of his several published books.

3) Try contacting him directly at mckenzie@applelink.apple.com    Mail does
transfer from AppleLink to the Internet and vice-versa.

The December article is excellent, important stuff. It also alludes to all
of us on LM_Net, and MacKenzie does an interesting critique of Eisenberg's
Big Six Skills - he suggests they don't go far enough!

Good luck

Doug

Doug Johnson, District Media Supervisor | You do what you do out of your
Mankato Public Schools, ISD77,          | private love of the thing itself.
Box 8741, Mankato MN 56001-8741         |       - Anne Dillard
507-387-3461                            |
palsdaj@vax1.mankato.msus.edu           |

LM_NET Archive Home