Hello, my name is Jan Dougall. I am teacher/librarian in two elementary
schools in Saskatoon, Sask., Canada. I am collecting examples of the word
"welcome" in other languages. I have received responses on KIDSPHERE for
welcome in Latin, Danish, Spanish, Catalonian, Czech and the American
"deep South"! I am especially interested in getting examples for the
following languages: Gaelic, Welsh, Scandinavian, Romansch, or any other
language which can be represented on an English keyboard.
I will be using the words in displays in each of my two schools to welcome
students back from Christmas holidays. Your help with this project would
be most appreciated.
Jan Dougall,
Teacher/Librarian,
Saskatoon Board of Education,