Hello, LM_NET colleagues!
        I have found the recent discussion of vendor information on the NET to
be very interesting.  Yesterday (while searching for something else entirely), I
stumbled across a short news article in _PublisherUs Weekly_ that I thought
might be of interest to some of you too.
        According to this article, Inforonics (a company that has been putting
publisher sales catalogs on floppy and CD discs) has now developed a service
through which publishers can have their catalogs published on the Internet.  The
article states:
R. . .users can search and view title information, full descriptions, or any
kind of customized search information the publisher may want.  There are even
some limited functions for ordering books through E-mail, and a customized
mail/fax order system.  For more information, contact Inforonics at (508)
486-8976S. (ThatUs all there was - call the company if you have questions -
thanks.)

Donna Gilliland, School Library/Media Coordinator
South Dakota State Library
Pierre, South Dakota 57501
605-773-3131 (voice) 605-773-4950 (fax)

LM_NET Archive Home