> "magic realism," apparently a literary genre.  The teacher had
> no other clues like possible authors, titles, etc.  I could find
> no references in standard places.  Has anybody ever heard about
> "magic realism"?  Please enlighten me!

Carlton,

Three authors that our Senior English teacher uses in her Magical Realism
are Gabriel (Jose) Garcia Marquez, Jorge ???, and Salman Rusdie (_Satanic
Verses_).  She said that Stephen King comes as close to that genre as
anyone we have in the U. S.

I'm sure others can contribute many more sources.

Betty

LM_NET Archive Home