Two of our middle school librarians have come up with a problem which I
hope is not unique.  The rage in the middle school library this year
(well, at two of our six) is to pull out the front pins which hold our
"flexible shelving" in place.  I'm sure you seasoned librarians get the
picture --- the next person who comes along to remove or replace a book
finds the whole shelf dumped at his/her feet.  Suggested solutions --- use
filament tape on the front shelf supports (downside: slows not stops), dip
shelf supports in glue (downside: shelves become "fixed").  The shelving
in question is high quality oak from two national distributors.  Any other
suggestions would be appreciated; otherwise, you can just send me your
thanks for my giving you your chuckle for the day!

LM_NET Archive Home