According to some information I have there is a searchable
interest-groups database on the LISTSERV at VM1.NoDak.EDU.
For example, to search the databases for lists on "cats" you would send
the following statements (copy them exactly into your mail message to
the LISTSERV):

??DBlook  JOB  Echo=No
Database Search DD=Rules
??RulesDD *
Select cat in lists
Select cats in intgroup
Select cats in new-list

These statements search the global LISTSERV list of lists ("in lists")
and the local copy of the SRI-NIC Interest Groups ("in intgroup"), and
the archives of the "new-list" list ("in newlist").  Send LISTSERV the
command INFO DATABASE for more information.

Source: Surfing the INTERNET: an Introduction Version 2.0.3 by Jean
Armour Polly (jpolly@nysernet.org).

>DATE:   Fri, 7 Jan 1994 15:34:40 -0600
>FROM:   Pat Moore <moore@PELOPS.SCL.AMESLAB.GOV>
>
>Since I have started talking about this list and being on the Internet, I
>am having others come to me and ask for lists specific to their subject
>interest.  Surely, there is a directory out there!  Can someone tell me
>about it/them?  Thanks.  Pat Moore, moore@pelops.scl.ameslab.gov

LM_NET Archive Home