Another thought....

As I've mentioned recently, my access is messed up and I can go digging
thru the Internet. Therefore, I can't guarantee this info is current.
At one time, however, I used the following route to find the Educator's
Guide to Listservs  and for the list of Usenet Groups. I also recall
a list available to Email Journals in the same location (or near by).

UofM Gopher/FTP Sites/Popular FTP Sites/NCSA
/Education/Ed Resources

I haven't been there in awhile - but I would think the info would still
be in the general area!

Good luck!

(U of M  =  Minnesota btw)

Joni

On Sun, 9 Jan 1994, Jane Merryman wrote:

> A recent posting directed us to the gopher at nysernet.org for guides to
> listservs and Usenet newsgroups.  It looked like a great resource so I
> tried it and found I had to supply a login and a password.  I tried a few
> commonly used logins and passwords and could not get on.  This has
> happened many times when I have been following up suggestions posted to
> this group.  Also, people have been touting databases that require ID
> numbers, i.e. they are not free.  Forgive me if I sound a tad annoyed
> this morning.  My purpose here is to ask posters to supply complete
> information on how to logon to a database and to try it out first.  I
> thank you, we all thank you.

>                        Jane Merryman,  Librarian
>       Petaluma High School, 201 Fair Street, Petaluma, CA  94952
>    Phone:  707-778-4662          Internet: jmerrym@eis.calstate.edu
>                                            phacelia@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home