"Discovering Authors" (Gale Research) is a great CD ROM.  It covers the
top 350 authors studied at the high school level.  It is VERY easy to use and ha
 s been
an excellent source of information.  We have it networked over a
Novell Lan.  Well worth the price.

Then there is DISCLIT.... I cannot say the same for this product which
contains the full text of the Twayne Author series.  It has not proved
very useful to us.  Has anyone else out there had experience with these
products?

>DATE:   Sun, 9 Jan 1994 10:17:32 -0600
>FROM:   Pamela Gibb <pgibb1@BIGCAT.MISSOURI.EDU>
>
>To Gail and other interested Netters,
>
>Yes, there are quite a few other new or newish educators from my area that
>are interested in a discussion of CD-ROMs.  Hope the rest of you won't
>mind seeing and participating again.
>
>I am in need of recommendations for current authors on CD-ROM and/or print
>form.  My school has almost nothing.  I have about $500 to spend this year
>for this in print or nonprint form.  I will not have nearly this much to
>spend in future years.
>
>We do have Dialog search capabilities, but have not used it much.  Perhaps
>there are sources there???
>
>Thanks much!
>
>Pamela
>
>Pamela Gibb       2000 College Park Drive       Cooper County R-IV School
>LMC Director        Columbia, MO 65203            P.O. Box 110, Hwy J
>                       314-445-6481                  816-427-5415

LM_NET Archive Home