I think most biographies for kids are dismal!  Boring, boring, boring.  My
students like these trashy paperbacks about their current idols.  I have
had *Elvis and Me* stolen countless times.  I really like anything by
Russell Freedman.  My favorite is *The Wright Brothers: How They Invented
the Airplane* because they were so smart (they KNEW they were going to
invent an airplane and so they photographed every thing they did) and
SOOOO ecentric!

On Sat, 1 Jan 1994, Mary N. Stallings wrote:

> HELP!  My biography section is in dismal shape and needs an
> immediate transfusion of appropriate, interesting,
> attention-grabbing, terrific ...... books, ones that will not
> stay on the shelves!
>
> Please send me one or two titles of biographies (with maybe a
> one or two line annotation) that your high school students
> love.  I'll compile a list and send it out as a HIT.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mary Stallings, Poquoson High School, Poquoson, Virginia 23662
> E-mail:  mstallin@nhgs.vak12ed.edu

LM_NET Archive Home