We have a mac lab in our high school media center, which isn't very large.
We have 25+ macs available for writing, publishing, searching, etc.  Students
can search the Winnebago Circ/Cat (Mac), MAS, SIRS, Groliers.

We can be very busy from 7:15 to 5:00 depending on assignments.  The biggest
advantage to everyone in our school is that this area is supervised before,
during and after school.  Other labs aren't.  When classes need to use the
Macs, they reserve the lab and co-exist with others doing work.  This was
successful enough to influence the design of our new 9-12 h.s. which will
open this fall with two computer areas in conjunction with the media center.
Currently we are 7-12.  We also have 10 Apple II's for students to use.

This arrangement has been very successful and has helped our image and
helped us request additional resources over the past 4 years.  It also means
that we have to know more about the technology that we did before.

David Sparks      dsparks@vax1.Mankato.msus.edu
Blue Earth Area Schools
315 E. 6th St.
Blue Earth, MN 56013    (507) 526-3215