Newsgroups: schl.sig.lmnet
From: sl05301@llwnet.ll.pbs.org (Murray Bergtraum HS)
Subject: Re: Computer hardware inventory
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 03:08:31 GMT

Martha Kuss (mkuss@EIS.CALSTATE.EDU) wrote:
: As a urban high school with a Business Administration Magnet program we
: have acquired an extensive inventory of computer hardware of various
: vintages and makes.  I have received a request from the resource teacher
: with the responsibility for keeping track of all the pieces to research
: the availability of a software program that might be designed to
: inventory and circulate this equipment.

: We currently keep our records in a data base, but it is cumbersome and
: does not meet all of our needs.  We would like to find a program that
: would accomodate barcoding the equipment for ease in check out to
: classrooms and/or individual teachers.  Our library circulation program
: does not seem the best place to store this data.

: Any leads would be very much appreciated.

: Martha Kuss
: Crawford High School
: Library/Media Center
: San Diego, CA 92115
Hi Martha Kuss, I am a NYC High School Librarian at a high school with a
Business Administration Program also... The teachers who run the book rooms
have utitized Follett Software Inc. to barcode their books.  In the library
we also use Follett Circulation Plus.  Please let me know if you get this
note.  I went to SDSU, 1984.  I miss San Diego.  JUdith DAhill

LM_NET Archive Home