On Wed, 12 Jan 1994, WCU MicroNet List Echo wrote:

> For anyone in the know:
> I am considering replacing hard copy magazine back files with microfiche.
> This will be a substantial investment.
>
>         1) Is it worth it?
>
>         2) Should I wait for more full text magazines to be available on CD-RO
 M?
>                                         Thanks,
>
>         David Proffitt
>                                         Scotts Creek Elementary School
>                                         Sylva, NC

        We have had microfiche periodicals for some time: some problems
occur with printing, refiling, etc; however, the advantage over CD-Rom
(unless you have a file server and networked computers) is that only one
person at a time can access the information.
        Actually because of our size (2500 students) we have all three
formats available and find that we still do not have enough periodicals
for the demands!

LM_NET Archive Home