My elementary school is considering putting together one (or more)
"mini mobile labs." That is, we do not have space for a computer lab.
We cannot afford a bank of computers in each classroom. Thus the
traveling mini lab idea.

Our first idea was to use Powerbooks. They would surely be easy to move
around. They would also be handy for evening and weekend check-out.
We can't quite get out of our minds tho that we can get more computer
for the same amount of money if we go desktop.We are, however, wrestling
with the HOW to make a group of 5 desktops easily portable (By portable,
I mean we are going to want to move the "lab" from room to room...it's
that or the staff bathroom - the only place in the building with a little
spare room...).

Have any of you experiences with the mobile lab idea? Any suggestions or
ideas??

Thanks for your thoughts...

joni
jrathbun@ednet1.osl.or.gov