The following announcement, about the ACCESS magazine, was sent to LM_NET
from the NEXUS Education Network in Australia.  For those people outside
Australia who have not heard of ACCESS, let me recommend it - it is a very
good publication.  Details below:

>People may be interested in the Australian School Library Associations national
> jounal
>journal-ACCESS. CURRENTLY four issues per year with the major focus being on
>those curriculum issues facing teacher-librarians. For more information contact
>Andrew Perry(editor) at PO Box 30 Caulfield East, Victoria AUSTRALIA.

It has articles from all around Australia, and sometimes from experts
overseas.  The emphasis is on information to help the practitioner.
Coverage includes information skills, resource based instruction, CPPT,
resources for children and young adults, reading and literacy, all aspects
of school library programming, information technology, school library
management... A section called "Practically Speaking" in each issue has
short contributions based on "what worked for us".  There is news from
Australia, New Zealand, North America.  Good value!  We make lots of use of
it here in Iceland...

* Dr Anne Clyde,                       Email: anne@rhi.hi.is *
* Faculty of Social Science,                Fax: 354-1-26806 *
* University of Iceland,                Voice: 354-1-69 4522 *
* 101 Reykjavik, Iceland.                                    *