dEAR       Dear LM_NETters:

Our library (High School of 1000 students) has a 15 IBM computers lab
networked on a Novell LAN.  We run 4 CDs (TOM, NewsBank, SIRS, Grolier's)
on the network.  I asked to increase our coomputers to 30 next year
and purchase 1-2 stand alone MACS for multimedia software and non-
networked CDs.

My administorator is ak sking me is I would prefer putting the IBMs
in an elementary school and going to all MAC.

Can anyone give me pros and cons of IBM versus MAC.  I've heard that
my CDs would run much slower on a MAC network.  I've also heard
that CDs can more easily be put temporarily oon a network (like
for a 1-2 day class project).  Would it be better to try to keep
some of both?

HELP!!

Holly Tesar
Excelsior Springs High School