On Thu, 13 Jan 1994, Carol Newman wrote:

> --Is it "fair use" to show home use videos in classrooms for instructional
> purposes?  When the copyright law was revised several years ago, I thought

Yes, you may show videos labeled "home use only" as long as they were
legally acquired, rented, etc. AND the audience includes only the teacher
and students AND the showing is directly related to the curriculum (i.e.,
not for reinforcement, reward or entertainment).

Carol Mann Simpson                   csimpson@tenet.edu
Facilitator - Library Technology          214 882-7450
Mesquite (TX) Independent School District

LM_NET Archive Home