You can use home use videos in the classroom as long as you stick to the
provision of Sect. 110, subsection 1 of the Copyright Act.  Basically,
it  says it must be for teaching purposes (not rewards); in a classroom
for face-to-face teaching.

Let me know if you need more detailed info.

Esther

On Thu, 13 Jan 1994, Carol Newman wrote:

> --Is it "fair use" to show home use videos in classrooms for instructional
> purposes?  When the copyright law was revised several years ago, I thought
> that was the interpretation.  Now I'm wondering if that is really the
> case.  Also, is it within the definition of "fair use" to loan home use
> videos from the LMC to students or parents.  Any advice or opinions of
> copyright experts will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Esther Sinofsky             Library Media Teacher
Robert Frost Middle School  Los Angeles Unified School District
12314 Bradford Place        Granada Hills, CA 91344
818/360-2146
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential
is invisible to the eye." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

LM_NET Archive Home