Date: Fri, 14 Jan 94 18:00:31 -0500
From:autoresponder@WhiteHouse.Gov
To: Peter Milbury <pmilbur@eis.calstate.edu>
Subject: Re: NII Speech

Dear Friend:

     Thank you for writing to the Vice President via Internet.
This Administration is committed to integrating this new medium
into the White House, and we hope to begin responding
electronically to your messages in the near future.

     Unfortunately, the very large volume of mail received by the
Vice President from citizens around the nation prevents him from
sending a more detailed and direct response at this time.  Please
be assured, however, that your correspondence has been read
carefully, and a detailed report of the mail is provided to the
Vice President on a regular basis.  Your message will be brought
to his attention as a part of that report.

     Since there has been a steady increase in mail to the Vice
President, your help will be needed to ensure that we can read
and record your message clearly.  Please try to write short and
concise messages, address only one issue per message, and send
only one copy of your message.

     We are pleased to announce the Internet address for
obtaining White House documents and publications.  The address
is:

               publications@whitehouse.gov

To receive instructions for obtaining documents, please send a
request to the above address.  In the body of the message, type
"Send Info" (without quotes); no other text is necessary.  The
instructions will be sent to you automatically.  By following
these instructions, you should be able to search for and receive
documents within a matter of minutes.

     Thank you for taking the time to message the Vice President
and for your patience as we fine-tune the response system.  On
behalf of the Vice President, I also want to thank you for your
continued support and for your participation in our democratic
system of government.

                              Sincerely,

                              Bill Mason
                              Director of Vice Presidential
                                   Correspondence

[You will only receive one automated response per day]

LM_NET Archive Home