> I use a drop of elmer's glue to seal the access ring to the mouse ball.
> Resting the mouse on a wet rag will release the glue when it's  necessary to
> clean the contacts, but students can't turn the dry ring.
>
> Bonnie Barksdale, Sunny Hills High School, Fullerton, CA.

Since we, too, have the missing mouse ball problem, I have been
frantically reading this discussion to find an answer to the problem.
I think you have hit upon it!  Can anyone think of a problem with
Bonnie's suggestion?

--
                         paula@freenet.fsu.edu
Paula Galland - St. Simons Island, GA - Glynn County School System