I believe that high school is where students learn to be adaptable and
flexible.  For my new high school, I purchased both microfiche and
full-text CD-ROM resources.  I do have a school-wide network (fiber optic
cable between buildings, 10T wiring to classrooms, ethernet running
Novell 3.11).  I have printers on the network (we used Castelle
printer-server devices for dot-matrix printers; laser printers are HP
4M, which are dual platform, as is the network).  Our students attend a
multiplicity of institutions of higher education and/or workplaces after
they leave us.  They need all variety of skills to access information,
regardless of its format.  Fiche aren't wonderful to manage or file, but
the information is often less expensive, and kids need to know how to use
that kind of resource, too.

                        Just my two cents worth.
                                . . . . Gail Richmond

On Tues, 13 Jan 1994, Gail M. Szeliga wrote:

> [...]
 OM
>  ?
> >                                        Thanks,
> >
> >        David Proffitt