We have had block scheduling for 2 years at Tomball. 8 classes alternating
days. On Monday a "compact" 8 period day is run with all classes meeting.
Tuesday-Friday alternate schedule 1 and 2. If there is a holiday, workday,
etc. the "compact" day is dropped to even out days.  Teachers have a
conference/duty period everyday, the state mandated 45 minute conference
plus 45 minute duty time--lunch, hall, tardy office, attendance office,
departmental supervision etc. etc.  We currently require 24 credits for
graduation, 28 class slots are available over four years.  Athletics and
band meet every day thus taking 2 class slots per year.  This is during
period 5 or 6 in middle of day everyday.  We've had many visitors to our
campus last year and this.  Last year was rather hectic but this year has
been great with most faculty and staff positive on the change. It  works
well for lab classes and in the library.  If you would like to contact our
administration, call 713-357-3220  Robert Todd, principal or Linda
Schuelke, Dean of Instruction.

Sandy Barron
Tomball HIgh School
Tomball, Texas