News to me!!!  According to June Kahler just prior to Christmas break,
TAAS is for all.  Our teachers have gone to some workshops on this topic,
and our administration is in contact with our service center to get copies
of the TEA tapes for teacher viewing.  I have purchased materials.
Although, this would relieve pressure, I sort of hope it is not true.  I
know the test is not suppose to carry as much weight since it is the first
year.  I would think teachers would want this experience before the test
is major important.  Mary Bryan mebryan@tenet.edu.

On Sat, 15 Jan 1994, Sandy Scroggs wrote:

> Please forgive the double posting on LM_NET and Tenet News group.
>
> Subject: TAAS Soc. Studies only for Pilot Group
>
> I received news Jan. 15 from a friend saying that the social
> studies project on cultures in Texas will only be done at a chosen
> pilot site.  If this is true, what are the details concerning
> selection of pilot site?  And how did you receive the message?
>
> Sandy Scroggs                   Kate Schenck Elementary School
> Librarian                       101 Kate Schenck Avenue
> sandyscr@tenet.edu              San Antonio, Texas 78223
>                                 1-210-333-0611

LM_NET Archive Home