I am a new lm_net reader and hope that someone can help me with our school
virus problem.  I am both the librarian and network administrator (using
on-the-job training!).  Our network is infected with the keypress virus, and
I have not had much luck in finding an anti-virus program which will work on
networks and be affordable in our almost non-existent software budget.

I called Symantec (Norton Anti-virus) and was quoted $1,000.  McAffie's
price is $500 (If I turn other software in, the price drops (!) to $250).  Is
there any inexpensive or public domain software which will work on a network?
Our network is Novell Netware 3.11, DOS.

Thanks for your help.
--
Joanne McGee                           413-498-5842
Librarian                           jmcgee@k12.ucs.umass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home