Since there have been recent postings about copyright questions, I thought I
would recommend a very useful and clear booklet that we use in our school that
outlines copyright information for teachers, librarians, etc.  It is called
Copyright: A Guide to Information and Resources (1st ed.), by Gary H. Becker.
I first read about it in some library journal and sent away for it.  I can't
remember the price, but it's inexpensive.  The author grants schools that
purchase this booklet the right to duplicate the guide to distribute to other
staff of your campus (and the binding can be taken apart to do this).  He also
says that he will mail out free periodic updates to anyone who sends him a
self-addressed envelope.
This guide is presented in a very clear, easy-to-understand format.  I xeroxed
the "Teacher/Classroom Photocopying" section (just a page and a half),
enlarged it a little on the xerox machine, and posted it on the wall above the
teacher's self-serve copying machines, so that it's really easy for them to
get a handle on what the copying guidelines are.
This guide can be bought directly from the author.  Write to:
Gary Becker, Consultant
164 Lake Breeze Circle
Lake Mary, FL 32746-6038
(407)322-0890
P.S. I also wrote to the author to ask him to clarify a point I wasn't sure
about, and he very graciously answered me back with further explanation, which
was very helpful.
Marcia Kemble, AV Librarian
Mid-Pacific Institute
Honolulu, HI  <onopa@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu>