I would recommend giving the assignment again.  The more librarians that
come into schools expecting current available technology to be present
increases the chances for us in the field to get the technology.
Unfortunately, not all districts provide training to those in the field
when "new" technologies become available.  The technology is dropped off
one day and expected to be up the next and the librarian thoroughly
knowledgeable.

As for taking the time to reply, just as you are experiencing a turnover
in students, I'm sure there are new people on the network who would be
thrilled to reply.
  I may lurk in some areas but am very outspoken when the topic is one
near and dear to my heart or current predicament.  Just because someone
provided a training session in my district 20 years ago does not mean that
everyone currently has had the benefit of the training or that there
haven't been improvements made in the area since the training session.
For the requests for group replies, if I answer more than once in an area,
I save a response that can be quickly updated and sent out if I'm not in
the mood to create a new response.

 All statements made within this reply reflect my humble opinions and not
necessarily those of the management.

Sandy Scroggs                   Kate Schenck Elementary School
Librarian                       101 Kate Schenck Avenue
sandyscr@tenet.edu              San Antonio, Texas 78223
                                1-210-333-0611

LM_NET Archive Home