A while back I wrote asking people how they used the Internet with their
teachers and students.  Within the note I mentioned a list that had come from
Colleen Wheeler, formerly from Cohasset High School (MA), now with MCET.  I
never received any answers to my question, however I did receive a number of
requests to reprint Colleen's list.  I am happy to say that I finally connected
with Colleen and got permission to reprint the list, which I am doing.  If
anyone has any additional ways they use their Internet connections, please e-
ither let me know, or send them to the list at large.  Thank you.

Colleen's list:

"I am using the Internet to:

        obtain recent Supreme Court texts and legal documents for the History
and Social Studies Depts.;.
        collect listings and critical analyses of art films for the English
Dept.'s Mass Media course;
        exchange music files (compositions) and relevant discussion between
music students and outside composers;
        research school reform issues and study educational technology plans
from around the country (including San Francisco and Mississippi) for the school
system's Technology Committee;
        connect with international penpals for my students and colleagues; and
encourage electronic connections for exchange students and teachers with their
home countries;
        solicit suggestions for curriculum and equipment with music teachers in
Virginia;
        keep track of our alumni who are keeping touch with teachers and
students at CHS (lots of advice to graduating seniors re: how to make the
transition to college);
        search library catalogs, ERIC, and other databases with students and
teachers;
        keep in contact with a company which is developing a new version of
music notation software that will be marketed soon to education[al institutions]
(and professional musicians) -- I am providing them with feedback on kids and
their progress with the beta version.

That's just SOME of it--
Bye for now!

Colleen  :-)"

        To add to Colleen's list, I am receiving that latest info on Sports
medicine for our Sports Trainer and I'm searching many of the areas public and
college library catalogs for teachers and students.  As soon as I figure out how
to ftp properly, I hope to be doing a lot more.

        What can you add to the list???

        Jane Carver             jcarver@a1.mec.mass.
        The Rivers School       (617)235-9300
        333 Winter St.