MMILLER,
     You did not tell us your first name.  I will do one better than just
tell you what you want to know.  I will forward this message to my
advanced computer class.  They will help you navigate the Internet as a
class project.  I would suggest you group several students around each
one of my students at let my students be their Mentor.  If this does not
work let me know an you and I will work together.

Bill Sears, CA TeleMentor (bsears@ctp.org)

 On Wed, 19 Jan 1994, MMILLER3@ALBNERIC.BITNET wrote:

> TWO QUESTIONS FROM A RELATIVELY NEW INTERNETTER.  I HAVE TRIED TO FIGURE OUT B
> TH ON MY OWN BUT WITH NO SUCCESS.  1-CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO TALK IN"REAL TI
> E" ON THE INTERNET. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START LOOKING. WOULD A PARTICULAR
> ENU SELCTION WITH GOPHER WORK? HELP-I HAVE NO IDEA. BUT I DO HAVE A COUPLE STU
> ENTS WHO REALLY WANT TO DO THIS.  2- HOW DO YOU ACCESS COLLEGE CATALOGS?  AGAI
>  I HAVE SOME STUDENTS WHO WANT TO READ COURSE DESCRIPTIONS AND WE KNOW THE INF
>  IS OUT THERE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN, EXCEPT OF COURSE WITH LM_NET.
> HANKS TO ANYONE WHO HELPS US OUT.  YOUR TIME IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
>    MELINDA MILLER-WIDRICK AT COLTON-PIERREPONT CENTRAL SCHOOL COLTON, NY 13625
 .

Bill Sears, California TeleMentor       * Phone (916) 971-5281
Mesa Verde High School                  * FAX   (916) 971-5287
7600 Lauppe Lane                        * <bsears@ctp.org
Citrus Heights, CA 95621*******Society will judge the relevancy
and the efficacy of schools by their ability to prepare new
generations to be effective information gatherers and producers.

LM_NET Archive Home