Newsgroups: schl.sig.lmnet
From: sn07942@llwnet.ll.pbs.org (Harborfields HS)
Subject: Re: CD ROM INFO.
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 17:06:46 GMT

SIRS is good, We have a limited number of terminals and/or fast printers, so
we use the index only version, and have keptthe full text subscription.
Roxanne Boyce (mez1zo@NEVADA.EDU) wrote:
: Pam,
: We are using TOM Jr. across our network and the students like it
: very much.  Most of the magazines are full text so it is an easy
: reference tool to use.
: We also have Grolier's Elec. Ency., Information Finder by World Book,
: Granger's Poetry which has some full text, Great Literature, World Fact
: Book,  and World Almanac.  In addition, we have purchased site licenses for
: software programs -- Culturgrams (Cultural infor about countries ofthe world)

: , PC Globe, and PC USA.
: All of these programs work well.
: We are interested in a reasonable (as in $s) full text newspaper index for
: next school year.   If anyone could recommend one for middle schools.

: We plan on adding next year - SIRS and Junior Discovering Authors by Gale
: Research.
: I'd appreciate any information from librarians who have tried adding Macs to
: a Novelle ethernet network.

: Thanks,
: Roxanne Boyce, Librarian
: Johnson JHS
: 7701 Ducharme Ave.
: Las Vegas, NV 89128  702-799-4480 Ext. 230
: mez1zo@nevada.edu

LM_NET Archive Home