Mary,
I have had numerous Stine titles in both my former junior high library and
now my high school one.  The kids love them, and I find them to be a
valuable step on that stairway of building the reading habit--although, of
course, they are not great literature!  But to answer your question:  no,
I've never had a challenge.
 Karen  khollens@tenet.edu
Langham Creek H S
Houston, TX