On Sun, 23 Jan 1994, Grant Dougall wrote:
> Could someone please tell me where the LM_NET archives are located?  I
> tried AskERIC, but could find no "Listervs" subdirectory and thus no LM_NET/.
> Thanks,
>         Grant Dougall
>         DOUGALLG@jester.usask.ca

   A good question.  Things have changed since our original posting, and
the pathway is a bit different now, described in the following
anouncement.
-----------------------

LM_NET ARCHIVES NOW AVAILABLE BY GOPHER
   The LM_NET Archives are now available at the AskERIC Gopher site.
   The quickest way to find them is to use Telnet to go to a Gopher
   server, and then, by going through a series of menus, you will
   reach the LM_NET Archives, at the AskERIC (ERIC-IR) Gopher.

   For example: Telnet to a Gopher server on the Internet, as in the
following:

   1. Telnet to> consultant.micro.umn.edu (or other Gopher address)
   2. At the login prompt, type: gopher (or other specified login)
   3. At the TERM=(vt100) prompt, press: return key (or enter your terminal
   type)

   4. LM_NET is found by moving through the following directories, which are
      given as menu choices through the main Gopher menu:
       - Other Gopher and Information Servers/
        - North America/
         - USA/
          - General/
           -  AskERIC - (Educational Resources Information Center)/
            -  Library of Education Resources/
             -  Full Text Education Information/
              -  Educational On-Line Discussions (Listservs)/
               -  Browse Messages from Discussions/
                - LM_NET/
                  (The Archives, as outlined above.)

   (For example, after you are logged-on to a Gopher server, you first
   go into "Other Gopher and Information Servers/", then choose " North
   America/", then from that menu choose " USA/", and so forth, until you
   reach the LM_NET Archives.)

Peter
Peter G. Milbury        Library Media Teacher / Mentor Teacher
Co-owner of LM_NET:  The School Library Media Discussion Group
pmilbur@eis.calstate.edu       ~       Voice/Fax: 916-891-3060
Pleasant Valley High School, 1475 East Avenue, Chico, CA 95926