Mark,
        Great idea on the per capita Internet access allocation, but are
we not in this situation because our legislators weren't willing to lay
out the money for this incredible service in the first place? Please
correct me if I am wrong. If I am right, I think we need to work on our
legislators once more. After all, it is an elction year for them.
        Sophia Smith

On Mon, 24 Jan 1994, Mark W Gordon wrote:

> I guess, in the end, the $5.00 or $25.00 per year access fee for our
> personal accounts doesn't seem unreasonable. The much bigger problem is
> student and family accounts.  If the Internet and the Virtual Library
> that moves through it is to achieve its potential, some means must be
> found to provide univeral access.   Maybe one day soon, along with per
> capita textbook allocations, states will provide a per capita Internet
> access allocation. But what about non students?
>
> Mark Gordon
> Oceana High School
> Coalition of Essential Schools
> 401 Paloma Avenue