> I guess, in the end, the $5.00 or $25.00 per year access fee for our
> personal accounts doesn't seem unreasonable. The much bigger problem is
> student and family accounts.  If the Internet and the Virtual Library
> that moves through it is to achieve its potential, some means must be
> found to provide univeral access.

Exactly!  I feel certain that universal access is what Tenet decision
makers were aiming at when they set the fee at $5.00.  While *I* have used
Tenet/Internet enough to know its value and would be willing to pay more,
I think a higher price would deter new participants.  It takes a while to
become as enthralled by the medium as I am!

Betty
                            bhamilt@tenet.edu
Betty Hamilton, LRS             .----.
Brownfield High School LMC      |    |                Home:
701 Cub Drive, North        ____|*    ~~~~~~.         911 East Oak St.
Brownfield, Texas  79316    \               |         Brownfield, TX 79316
(806) 637-4523               \_/\        . /          (806) 637-4213
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home