In message <01H84VHFIO3MDF7TW5@VX.CIS.UMN.EDU> Diane Durbin writes:
> We are having a meeting for parents of gifted children tomorrow night.  I
> got a request for resources for these parents late yesterday (1/25).  The
> fact that I didn't ask LM_NET immediately shows how backward I can be!
> Anyhow, this might be a good time to show what internet can do for our
> kids and get backing for future funding.  I am already posting a question
> to AskEric.  TENET news and conferences shows a gifted list, but there are
> no postings.  Who knows of a good list for people (teachers and/or
> parents) who work with gifted kids?  What is your favorite resource for
> teachers and/or parents of gifted kids?

be an excellent resource for information.

There is a USENET news group, K12.ED.TAG.

ERIC runs a clearinghouse for Gifted & Talented, but so far as I
know, they are not yet on-line.  AskERIC will, however, forward
questions to the clearinghouse.

I've started installing a Gifted & Talented Resource Gopher here
at the University of Minnesota, which you can find at
GOPHER.COLED.UMN.EDU, choose menus \Education Resources\Gifted & Talented

(If anyone knows of any Gifted resources they'd like to see added to
this Gopher, please send me a message!)

Stephen E. Collins
Distributed Computing Services
University of Minnesota
sec@boombox.micro.umn.edu
(612) 625-1300

"We have excellent gifted programs in every school.
 The problem is that they are for athletes."  -Marvin Myers

LM_NET Archive Home