On Wed, 26 Jan 1994, Diane Durbin wrote:

> We are beginning to gather good examples of scope and sequence documents
> for a project this summer.  I have the recent bibliography from School
> Library Media Activities Monthly listing state documents.  I already have
> some of those.  Who has comments regarding which ones are good?  Who has a
> good local (district) example we could have or buy?  I will be willing to
> share a bibliography of outstanding documents.
>
> Diane Durbin
> Coordinator of Library Services
> Stafford Municipal School District
> Stafford, TX. 77477
> dianed@tenet.edu

Diane,
Just a thought.  Libraries Unlimited just published a new book called
"From Library Skills to Information Literacy :  A Handbook for the
Twenty-first Century," written by the curriculum committee of the
California Media and Library Educators Assn.  The committee, after
considering many scope and sequence documents, decided to avoid that idea
altogether.  You might want to take a look at that solution.

          . . . . . Marsha K.

Marsha Korobkin
Librarian, Pt. Loma High School
San Diego, California