Diane:

> use this as an opportunity to push for access.
It is a wonderful way to "mentor" students with intense interests.

> to have names of the best books and magazines for parents and teachers of
> gifted children.

Roeper Review is the best journal, from my viewpoint.

I believe I have a curriculum unit you did on the
> homeless.  I need to make that available for them to look at.  I never
> even thought of that until now.  Where was that published or did I get it
> directly from you?  If so, I'd better dig through my files before tomorrow
> night.

From me...sorry...

> Tell me a little about your school.  I know it is for gt students,
> but don't know if it is private, expensive, how kids get in, etc.  That
> might be interesting to some of our parents.

It is a private school that draws from the Bay area from Vallejo to San
Jose and the East Bay.  (Some kids have a two hr. communte.)

> I'd love to have samples of things your kids have done on Internet - or
> anything else they've done that involves the library and integration of
> library and curriculum!

We're doing an interesting curriculum on The Forties; An
Intergenerational Curriculum emphasizing point-of-view with third and
fourth graders, where they are learning about the era from "primary"
sources like their grandparents or senior citizens, as well as from
reading material.  Since their families come from various continents,
this encourages us to look at perspectives, points-of-view...  We're
using a senior citizens discussion group on the 'net to gather further
information from older people about those years.  Hope this helps.
Debbie Abilock              "It is important that students bring a certain
The Nueva School            ragamuffin barefoot irreverence to their studies;
Hillsborough, CA            they are not here to worship what is known, but
dabiloc@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us         to question it."  (Jacob Bronowski)