I really agree with Betty.  I certainly wish I could make it out to Los Angeles
also.  Give my best wishes and wistful greetings to all LM_NETters.

I think, even though it is old hat, that one of the most pressing questions for
librarians is still what is their role, present and future, particularly with
all the technology rolling in.  Added to that is how do we impress upon other
members of the school staf, administration and community  our value and
necessity.  Too many libraries are being closed too often.

One more thing:  Is there any way we could get the Caldecott and Newbery winners
on LM_NET as soon as they're announced.  It would making the purchasing of the
books, if we dont have them, easier.  Also, it's fun to be first with the
information.

Enjoy.

Janet Rawdon    Rawdonj@a1.mec.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home