        For those who inquired, here is some info about
        the COVID adaptor:

        According to the install sheet, "The Covid 123A Video
        interface is designed to connect certain computers
        to TVs with S-Video inputs.  The large, clear, color
        displays, up to 80 column text, are useful for viewing
        by groups with these inexpensive TVs.  High quality
        VCRs with S-video capabilities can also RECORD this
        signal and produce satisfactory results."

        The 800 number for reaching Covid is 1-800-638-6104.
        Address:   Covid Inc.
                   1725 W. 17th Street
                   Tempe, AZ   85281

        Our cost for the cables we needed (2/93) to connect
        a TV to our DOS/Novell network was:$491.00.

        We use this method for teaching everything we have
        on the network (ie., Reader's Guide, Newsbank, Discovering
        Authors, Literary Index, etc.) with the exception
        of Resource One which we still teach in teams of six
        students per computer.  For some reason Resource One
        only projects half of the screen.  It is a problem
        which originates with UMI, we believe, since more
        than one person reports the same problem.  Hopefully
        the new edition of Resource One will handle this
        problem.  It is currently being piloted locally
        and the librarian reports some nice changes so far.

        Marianne    (haase_m@hcca.oecn.ohio.gov)

LM_NET Archive Home