I read your comment that schools are going with America Online for
Internet access.  Were you able to get a school account? We tried to open
a school account but they wanted a Master Charge number or $500 to open an
account.

I think monitoring use of such an account would be a challenge.. both for
teachers and students.  Actually I'm about to "transfer" my LM_NET account
from school to home.  I just don't have time during the day to read my
mail. However it would then go on my personal AOL bill. A dilemma!

Betsy Springer- Downers Grove South High School, Illinois

On Thu, 27 Jan 1994, Ruie Chehak wrote:

> I recently attended a workshop that included information about connecting
> schools to Internet and America On Line.  Many of the schools in our are
> going with AOL.  I like it too.  One teacher reacted when I spoke of my
> interest:  "Great, let me know when we get hooked up and I'll use school
> time rather than my own account." This kind of response makes me nervous.
> How do we monitor this?  Any suggestions?  Please repy to CHEHAKR@CRPL.
> CEDAR-RAPIDS.LIB.IA.US  Thanks for your help! Ruie

LM_NET Archive Home