Sheryl,

Such massive turnover must have a devastating effect on the learning
climate at the school you describe (yours?).  I am concerned that by
having a paperback only, or limited lending that the students will be
denied access to information. It also says to the students that
they are expected NOT to return materials. This also is unfair to the
students, just because they happen to be children whose parents move
frequently. Automating the library makes it easier to track students and
materials.  Hopefully it will do the same at Whiteaker, and fewer items
will be lost.  I hope someone will decide to provide these students, who
perhaps are the most needy, with the same services that other students in
the district receive.

Amanda Lucas
Las Colinas Elementary
Irving, TX