Henry:
I am presently woking on a format for computer-based information sources
for our teachers and students. We need to educate them FIRST that you have
to cite these sources. Many kids have the idea that stuff they download
from computers is "magic" and they can just use it.

In general I suggest that they cite the source as they would a regular
magazine or newspaper or encyclopedia, followed by information about where
and when they downloaded it.

I would be interested in other replies and would by happy to send you a
copy if you give me your "snail mail" address.
Betsy Springer, Downers Grove South High School.
Address dgsimc@class.org

On Thu, 13 Jan 1994, Henry Gordon wrote:

> As my middle school students work on their history research projects in
> the library they are making increasing use of non-print information
> sources.  Several students as well as teachers have asked me about the
> proper bibliographic format to use when listing CD-ROM material.  The
> same question has arisen in regards to personal interviews that the
> students have conducted as part of their history projects.  Any
> bibliography experts on the net who can provide an authoritative answer
> to this question?
>
>                                 Henry Gordon
>                                 Library Media Teacher
>                                 Samuel Jackman Middle School