On Sat, 29 Jan 1994 CAROLAN@IDS.NET wrote:

> cautomated catalogs.  But aren't there some electronic means of curing
> this problem...electronic authority control and global editing?  Can
> anyone speak to that issue?  Thanks.

One should always order authorities processing in any retro conversion
project.  I would recommend that you load your "clean" records BEFORE you
attempt to type in any brief records you plan to enter yourself.  At least
then you will have verified name and subject authorites in your database
to choose from!

Carol Mann Simpson                   csimpson@tenet.edu
Facilitator - Library Technology          214 882-7450
Mesquite (TX) Independent School District

LM_NET Archive Home