This will be our second annual story telling festival to celebrate book
week. Franklin County, North Carolina.  We(the schools) do this along
with the county library.  We have a bonfire and refreshments. We usually
include two professional story tellers, and some students who were
selected in a contest. It was lots of fun last year.  We also do
individual things in our schools.

Wynn Smith
Youngsville School  Youngsville, North Carolina
Wynn@nando.net

On Sun, 2 Oct 1994, Carol Muska wrote:

> Jayne,
> Since this is the 75th anniv. of children's book week our district really
> wanted to bring attention to it.  NorthEast ISD librarians in cooperation
> with Region 20 are putting a packet of READ ACROSS AMERICA activities
> together.
> Every school is encouraged to do their own thing but the common thread is
> that on Tues the 15th we are caculating min read and are going to tally
> the results.  We also had our Mayor sign a proc. to drawn attention to
> the day.  We are all having guest readers, Reading Camp in's ETC.
> If you would like to participate and have your min. tallied with San
> Antonio just send a self addressed stamped envelop to the address below
> and I will be happy to send you the info.  (I think about 3 stamps would
> do it)  Hope you can join us!
>
> Carol Muska
> Camelot Elementary
> 7410 Ray Bon