---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 10:02:45 EST
From: Sue Frederick <SFREDERI@VM.CC.PURDUE.EDU>
To: iecc-projects@stolaf.edu
Subject: Linkway partners

     Our 7th grade students are looking for partners to respond to
their Linkway projects.  They will be reading The Endless Steppe by
Esther Hautzig.  It is the true story of her family's exile to Siberia
during World War II.  They faced many hardships.  Our students will
compare aspects of their own lives with those of Esther's.  They will
write about such things as getting food, school activites, wartime
memories of older relatives, and more.
     It is not necessary for your students to reply in Linkway format.
We would be glad to receive accounts of how they get food, participate
in school activities, etc. by e-mail.  However, you must be able to
run Linkway, an IBM program, in order to use our folders.  We hope to
find partners outside the U.S., but we can be flexible.  If this project
would be of interest to you, please contact us.
     Sue Frederick and Sandy Berlin   SFREDERI@PURCCVM.EDU

LM_NET Archive Home