help!!!!
   I am writing the history of my school building and have run up against a
wall.  The election to build the new school was in 1916 and the newspaper
made a big deal about women voting.  This was before the national amendment
for women's suffrage.  Which legislative body would decide on the
qualifications for voters in a local school board election - specifically in
NJ in 1916?  I have looked everywhere and can't find the information.
Supposedly the NJ constitution originally provided for women suffrage but
then it was taken away in 1807.  I need to know when it was returned or does
the state constitution not effect local elections
     Any help will be greatly appreciated!

--
Fred Muller                ||    Halsted Middle School Library
voice (201) 383-7554       ||    59 Halsted Street

LM_NET Archive Home