As the librarian in an elementary school, Ive always been the tech
teacher and the network coordinator and the lab decorator, manager, etc.
If anybody has come up with a simple quick, way to keep everything
organized and recorded, I would love to hear about it.  As Betty says,
the problem is you get this stuff--disks and manuals, etc, and you have
to put them somewhere right away to keep them secure. But when do you
find the time to go back and organize everything.

BTW how many people include the programs installed on their various
machines in their OPAC?  So far we only have 3 MAC's available for the
students and teachers.  I've tried printing out pictures of the prograM
ICONS and taping them on the monitor so the users will know which program
is on which machine.  That helps a little once they are familiar with the
programs.  Our IBM's will be networked so hopefully they will mostly have
the same programs and work the same way.

Anyway I would welcome a dialog as to how people have solved this
problem.  Someone must have found something quick and efficient.

Paula Neale
mohmie@coop.crn.org

P.S. Congratulations to Shellie.  Good to see her district recognizing a
need for someone to handle the technology.

LM_NET Archive Home