I like SIRS Researcher and Government Reporter better than NewBank or
Magazine Article Summaries, both of which we have.  Researcher does have
summaries in the past two releases, although there are none for the older
articles.  My students are much more successful with SIRS than with any
other databases in learning to search and finding useful material.  We
just purchased Government Reporter this year.  Our debate team has come
to me and thanked me for providing a database that is so "awesome" for
their needs.  They have also offered to write a letter to that effect in
case I need it at budget time.

Diane Durbin
dianed@tenet.edu

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Babette Pitt wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am in a high school and have been using SIRS almost since it
> began.  I have been frustrated by it the last few years.  I have
> Full-text Researcher and Government Reporter.  I find the indexing too
> broad the students have problems for there are no indexing terms or
> abstracts included, therefore they need to look at many articles(long
> ones) and that is frustrating.  Each year I toss back and forth whether I
> should purchase again or not...so far I have not decided this year. I
> find NewsBank and ProQuest better..
>                         Hope this helps,
>                         Babs Pitt
>                         Richard Montgomery HS