Dear LM_Netters:

A while ago I asked for your experiences in banning bookbags from the
library. Your responses helped our administrator go along with the idea. I
wanted to institute the policy this year but, since the student handbook
was sent to the printers in May, I've missed the boat. (Students make the
enforcement of any new regulation that is not in the book very difficult.)
And since I have not been able to create a satisfactory storage area for
the bookbags (students are expected to have their books with them and not
to be running to their lockers between each class) I guess that I'll just
have to wait for next year as there is no point setting this policy up to
fail by unprepared.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this TARGET is to come up with the best way
to store the bookbags. What do people do? I'd thought about creating
cubbyholes but then my library clerk's husband suggested mounting two rows
of heavy duty coat hooks on which students could hang their bags.  That
sounds like an excellent idea to me. Has anyone else done this?  I'll have
lots of time to set up whatever I decide to do.

TIA,

Sylvia Jacquard
Librarian
Central Kings Rural High School