I would like to recommend two Library Solutions Press titles:

Roy Tennant (1996).  Practical HTML: A Self-Paced Tutorial.  ISBN 1-882208-19-6

Gail Junion-Metz (1996). K-12 Resources on the Internet Plus. ISBN 1-882208-15-3

These are both really good and current.

I just drafted a Web style guide, with a focus on public access
sites--y'all are welcome to test it--it's at:

http://www.bluehighways.com/style.htm

It's for work, but I can't access that server on the weekend.  :-)

Also, we have many Internet guides and tip sheets on our library website.
Copy them, link to them, print them out, save the source and modify them,
etc.--they are freely distributable for nonprofit use.  Have a blast!
http://www.epa.gov/Region2/html/library/

Karen G. Schneider * kgs@bluehighways.com * schneider.karen@epamail.epa.gov
Author, The Internet Access Cookbook (e-mail Neal-Schuman@icm.com)
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library * Cybrarian * Columnist, American Libraries
Visit our library at http://www.epa.gov/Region2/html/library/
These opinions strictly mine!

LM_NET Archive Home